Face Zoom Effect on TikTok has been trending for quite a while, and for good reason. Who doesn’t want to take a selfie the right way? Learn what the Zoom effect is and how to use the Face Zoom effect on TikTok.
TikTok, a fun short-video app, has gotten on everyone’s smartphone these days. Its fun-loving spirit is shared not only with 800 millions of TikTok creators worldwide but hundreds of app developers. Face Zoom filter, the feature worth using, is what we are looking at today.
What a Face Zoom Effect TikTok Really Is?
Technically speaking, Face Zoom is a zoom effect that zooms in on the face of one person in the frame and locks onto it as it moves.
As for the records, the Face Zoom effect has gone viral around the end of 2019, then slowed down a little.
Then in mid-February, oddly enough it picked up as more users started to use the lens to do the funny face dance challenge.
Today, Face Zoom videos get over 2.3 billion views. The best of them from Bella Poach generate more than 40 million views.
Fun Ways to Use Face Zoom on TikTok
Want to know when the Face Zoom effect TikTok is best to use? Here, you have it! Get your video on the For You page – get viral reactions!
- Duet with another creator using the Face Zoom effect (so-called “Reaction” videos are part of TikTok culture);
- Zoom on your face when putting makeup on, or changing your facial expression, also known as “face dance” videos;
- Film together with besties and zoom in on one of you. Unexpectedly!
How To Find a Face Zoom Effect on TikTok?
There are a couple of ways to find the Zoom lens icon on TikTok.
- Download TikTok (in case you haven’t already), sign up/sign in to a TikTok account.
- Tap on the “➕” icon on the home screen to create your Face Zoom video;
- Find the “Effects” tab on your left, and try to find what looks like a cute pink little face in the middle of a white frame. Face Zoom filter can be easily found under the Trending tab;
- Record your video.
- Open TikTok app on Android/iOS;
- Find a video that uses a Face Zoom effect (the bottom left-hand side of a video);
- On the Face Zoom effect page you can bookmark it for future use;
- Or, you can tap on the red “Record” button at the bottom of your screen to use the effect right away;
- Once it is recorded, save, and upload.
Why Does Everyone Like the Face Zoom Filter?
Many creators use the Face Zoom effect to make funny faces, check if a front-facing camera is fooling them. They make epic video moments or are simply fooling around making “face dance challenge” videos. And it perfectly works with this popular trend.
Now, if you want to take part in a funny Face Zoom effect TikTok challenge the only thing you should do is to pick the right Zoom icon, put on an epic expression, and do some face moves. Playing with eyebrows, looking to different sides, bobbing your head – it all counts!.
Rather than talking straight into the camera, pick out a song to lip sync. Just anything that is easy to act out while using the Face Zoom effect on TikTok.
Let us know in the comments below if you tried the Face Zoom effect and how it all went. What other effects trending on TikTok you want to use for your videos.